If you’re looking for the best shower head filter on the market, look no further! Let’s discuss the five best showerhead filters of 2022. We’ll go over the pros and cons of each one so that you can make an informed decision before purchasing.
So whether you’re looking for a filter to remove chlorine from your water or one that will help with hard water, we’ve got you covered!
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need A Good Showerhead Filter?
- 5 Best Shower Head Filters Of 2022
- What You Must Look For In A Shower Filter.
- Shower Head Filters Are A Worthy Investment!
Why Do You Need A Good Showerhead Filter?
The need for a good shower water filter has never been greater. With the ever-increasing pollution levels and contaminants in our water supply, it’s more important than ever to ensure that we’re filtering our water before using it. And what better way to do that than with a shower head filter?
5 Best Shower Head Filters Of 2022
- AquaBliss High Output 12-Stage Shower Head Filter.
- Aqua Elegante Advanced Shower Filter.
- Sprite HOCHCAS Shower Head Filter.
- Culligan WSH-C125 Wall Mounted Filtered Shower Head.
- Barclay’s Buys Better Home Goods Filtered Shower Head.
What You Must Look For In A Shower Filter.
What Are You Filtering?
The first thing you need to consider when purchasing a shower filter is what contaminants you are trying to remove from your water. A carbon filter will be sufficient if you are only concerned with chlorine. However, if you have hard or well water, you will need a more sophisticated filtration system.
Type Of Shower Filters
There are two primary forms of shower filters – cartridge and canister. Cartridge filters are the more popular as they are easier to install and replace. Canister filters tend to be more expensive and require more maintenance.
There are two main types of shower filters: sediment and carbon. Sediment filters are designed to remove larger particles from your water, while carbon filters are designed to remove smaller particles and contaminants.
The flow rate is the amount of water that can pass through the filter per minute. The higher the flow rate, the more efficient the filter will be.
Of course, price is always a factor when purchasing anything. However, you need to ensure that you get a quality product for your money. Unfortunately, some very cheap shower filters on the market will not effectively filter your water.
You will also need to consider the cost of replacement cartridges. Some filters use replaceable cartridges, while others are designed to be replaced every six months.
Ease Of Installation
Finally, you need to ensure that the filter is easy to install. Unfortunately, some filters can be tricky to install, so it is essential to read the instructions carefully.
Now that you know what to look for in a shower filter, it is time to decide which features are most important to you. For example, do you need a filter that removes chlorine only? Or do you need a more sophisticated filtration system? Once you have decided on the needed features, you can narrow down your choices and find the perfect shower filter for your home.
When paying for a shower filter, you want to ensure that it is durable and will last for a long time. Some filters are made of cheap materials that will break easily. Others are designed to last for years with proper maintenance.
Ion Exchange Filters
If you are looking for a shower filter that removes more than just chlorine, then an ion exchange filter is what you need. These filters use an ion exchange process to remove impurities from your water. Ion exchange filters effectively remove heavy metals, bacteria, and other contaminants. However, they are more expensive and need more upkeep than carbon filters.
UV filters use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and other contaminants in your water. UV filters are very effective at removing impurities from your water and providing you with clean, safe water. However, they are more expensive than carbon filters and require more maintenance.
Reverse Osmosis Filters
Reverse osmosis filters are the most expensive type of shower filter. However, they are also the most effective at removing impurities from your water. Reverse osmosis filters remove impurities by forcing water through a very fine membrane. This process removes 99% of all contaminants from your water.
How Can I Install A Shower Filter?
The shower head installation process is easy and only takes a few minutes. Most importantly, make sure you have the right tools for the job. You will need a Phillips head screwdriver and an adjustable wrench.
- Shut off the water to your shower.
- Remove the old plumber’s tape from the incoming water supply line and replace it with the new plumber’s tape.
- New plumber’s tape (Teflon tape) must be used on the joints of the incoming water line.
- Attach the shower filter to the incoming water supply line. If the showerhead is filtered, attach the new filtered shower head to the water supply line.
- Apply new plumber’s tape to the shower filter threads if the filter is detached from the showerhead.
- Attach the shower head to the shower filter.
Can I Use A Shower Filter With Hard Water?
Yes, you can use a shower filter with hard water. However, if you have hard water, you may need to invest in a more advanced filtration system.
Do Shower Filters Remove Lead?
Yes, shower filters can remove lead from your water. However, you may need to purchase a more sophisticated filtration system if you have hard water.
Do I Need To Replace My Shower Filter?
Most shower filters need to be replaced every six months. However, you may need to replace your filter sooner if you have hard water.
How To Change A Shower Filter?
To change your shower filter, simply unscrew the old filter from the showerhead and screw on the new filter. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for changing your filter. You can also change the cartridge, which might be an easier choice. But, again, follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding changing the shower filter.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Shower Filter?
- Shower filters can remove impurities from your water, improving your skin and hair health.
- Shower filters can also save you money by extending the life of your shower head.
- Finally, shower filters can provide you with clean, safe water.
Shower Head Filters Are A Worthy Investment!
Now that you know what to look for in a shower filter, you can narrow your choices and find the perfect one for your home. A few examples to help you choose are as follows:
- If you are facing the issues of hard water, try the PureAction Water Softener Shower Head, because it would filter out 99.9% of contaminants in the water.
- If your hair might suffer because of the shower water quality, G-Promise Luxury Filtered Handheld Shower Head – because it effectively purifies the shower water, the force massages your head, and the hose enables you to cover all of your hair.
- If your main source of water is the well, try AquaHomeGroup 15 Stage Shower Filter, because it has 15 stages of filtration to purify the well water and maintain a good flow rate from underground.