If you’re looking for a new shower head, you may wonder if a magnetic one is a right choice. Magnetic shower heads have been growing in popularity in recent years, and for a good reason – they offer many benefits that other types of shower heads don’t. Let’s discuss the top 5 best magnetic shower heads on the market and help you decide which one is right for you!
Table of Contents
5 Best Magnetic Shower Head Options
How Does A Magnetic Shower Head Work?
A magnetic shower head works by using magnets to attach the shower head to the wall. This makes it very easy to install and remove and means no holes or brackets are required. The magnets also provide a seal that prevents water from leaking out, making it very efficient.
What Are The Different Types Of Magnetic Shower Heads?
There are two main types of magnetic shower heads – those with a detachable hose and those without. The ones with a detachable hose are great if you want to use them as a handheld shower head or if you have limited space in your shower. The ones without a hose are more compact and easier to store.
What Are The Benefits Of A Magnetic Shower Head?
Many benefits come with using a magnetic shower head.
- One of the most significant benefits is that they are straightforward to install.
- Unlike other types of shower heads, you don’t need any tools or special equipment to install a magnetic one – all you need is a few minutes and some basic DIY skills.
- Another great benefit of magnetic shower heads is that they offer a much better seal than other types of shower heads. This means there is less chance of water leaking out and causing damage to your bathroom.
- Finally, magnetic shower heads are also elementary to clean. Since there is no need for any tools or special equipment to clean them, you can easily keep them looking new with just a few minutes of effort.
How To Install A Magnetic Shower Head?
Installing a magnetic shower head is very easy. All you need is a few minutes and some basic DIY skills. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Remove the old shower head from the shower arm. You may need to use a wrench to loosen the nuts that hold it in place.
- Clean the shower arm to remove soap scum or dirt. This will help ensure a good seal when you install the new shower head.
- Place the gasket that comes with the new shower head onto the shower arm.
- Align the shower head with the holes on the shower arm and push them into place.
- Screw on the hand-tight nuts that come with the new shower head. Do not overtighten as this may damage the shower head or shower arm.
- Turn on the water and check for leaks. If there are no leaks, you’re done!
How To Clean A Magnetic Shower Head?
Cleaning a magnetic shower head is very easy. All you need is a few minutes and some basic cleaning supplies. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to accomplish it:
- Remove the shower head from the shower arm. You may need to use a wrench to loosen the screws that keep it in place.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and add a mild detergent.
- Submerge the shower head in the bowl of soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush or soft brush to scrub any dirt or soap scum.
- Rinse the shower head with clean water.
- Screw the shower head back onto the shower arm.
You’re done! Now you know how to install and clean a magnetic shower head. So what are you waiting for? Get one today and enjoy all the benefits they have to offer!
Are Magnetic Shower Heads Good?
Magnetic shower heads are an excellent option for those looking for a high-quality shower head. They are easy to install and come with various settings to choose from.
How Do You Use A Magnetic Shower Head?
Magnetic shower heads are easy to use. Simply attach the shower head to the wall mount and turn on the water. The magnet will hold the shower head in place.
Do Magnetic Shower Heads Have Good Water Pressure?
Some users have reported a decrease in water pressure after a few uses, but overall, the water pressure is good.
Do I Need A Plumber To Install A Magnetic Shower Head?
No, you do not need a plumber to install a magnetic shower head. They are straightforward to install and can be done by anyone.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Magnetic Shower Head?
Some benefits of using a magnetic shower head include that they are easy to install, have a variety of settings, and are ADA compliant.
Do Magnetic Shower Heads Have A Warranty?
Most magnetic shower heads come with a limited lifetime warranty. However, it is always best to check with the manufacturer to see what kind of warranty they offer.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using A Magnetic Shower Head?
Some disadvantages of using a magnetic shower head include the fact that they can be challenging to install, and some users have reported the shower head breaking after a few months of use. Additionally, the magnetic docking system may not be strong enough for some users.
Set, Dock And Spray – Magnetic Shower Heads Are Quick!
A magnetic shower head may be the right option if you want a high-quality, easy-to-install shower head.
Per our recommendation, the Moen 26100EPSRN Magnetix shower head is the best magnetic one on the market.
- It has a detachable hose and various spray settings to play around with.
- The magnet is quite powerful, so you won’t have to worry about the shower head falling off.
- In addition, the showerhead is ADA compliant, making it accessible to those with impairments.
- The brushed nickel finish also makes it seem more elegant and long-lasting.
Magnetic shower heads are an excellent investment for your home with various settings and a limited lifetime warranty. However, if you have any concerns about the strength of the magnetic docking system, you may want to consider another option.